Hinduism – 12 Most Common Myths and Misconceptions.
If You Enjoy the Video Please Like and SUBSCRIBE for More… https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM_E7lk4AQTqYe9H2Bk9A7Q?sub_confirmation=1
Hinduism – The Oldest Religion of The World has been often Misunderstood in the West due to Cultural and Linguistic Barriers. Here we look at 12 most common MISCONCEPTIONS:
Also Watch Our Other Videos:
1). Hinduism – World’s Oldest Religion Explained – Origins, Beliefs, Facts. https://youtu.be/p8T54syDkDw
2). Hinduism – 10 Avatars of Vishnu and Darwin’s Theory of Evolution – Parallels. https://youtu.be/L0X4dM1ve4g
The 12 Most Common Myths and Misconceptions about Hinduism are:
1. It’s Called Hinduism – No Scripture has any reference to ‘Hinduism’. It is referred to as Sanatana Dharma – ‘The Eternal Law’.
2. Hinduism Is As Old As Other Religions – Hinduism is the Oldest Religion in the World. Its Origins can be traced back to 5,000 to 7,000 B.C. Some of the Astronomical Events mentioned in the Rig Veda happened around 10,000 B.C.
3. Hinduism Is An Organised Religion – There is No Single Founder of Hinduism or a Single Scripture or Governing Body.
4. Swastika – Hindus Support Nazis – Hinduism Supports Non Violence – Not Evil. Swastika is an Auspicious and Sacred symbol in Hinduism which has existed for thousands of years before Hitler or Nazis.
5. Hindus Worship Idols – Hindus Worship God through an Idol. The Idols are used as Focal Points to help aid in Meditation and Prayer.
6. Hinduism Is Polytheistic With 330 Million Gods – Hinduism is not Polytheistic. It is Pluralistic. All the Gods are manifestations of the same Supreme Being – Brahman.
7. Hindus Worship Cows – Hindus don’t worship cows. Cows are venerated and revered as they only provide taking back very little in return.
8. All Hindus Are Vegetarians – A Majority of Hindus Eat Meat. Around 35% are vegetarians stemming from the belief in Ahimsa – Non – violence against any living thing.
9. Hinduism Advocates Caste System – There is no Caste System in Hinduism. It is rooted in the Culture.
10. Bhagavad Gita Is The Hindu Bible – There is no Single Main Scripture in Hinduism.
11. Hinduism Is Only Practiced In India – Hinduism is the 3rd Largest Religion in the World with over 1.1 Billion Followers all over the World.
12. Hinduism – Same as Other Religions – Hinduism is a Way of Life. It is a Dharma. It has detailed descriptions of some Advanced Science and Technologies.
Please SUBSCRIBE for More Videos:
Music Credits: YouTube Music Library.